(Junior/Senior) Digital Forensic and Incident Response (DFIR) Consultant (f/m/d)
SEC Consult (www.sec-consult.com) is one of the leading consultancies for cyber and application security. Meanwhile, we operate branches in Europe, Asia and North America. SEC Consult is a specialist for external and internal security assessments, penetration testing, the development of security information management processes and certification processes (ISO 27001), cyber defense, secure software development and sustainable improvement of security levels.
In this position, you will join our DFIR team to support and advise clients that are or have been affected by a cyber-attack. You will be responsible for crisis management as well as creating plans to restore normal operations. This can be done remotely as well as on-site for all of our valued customers. You will support in continued development of internal processes and strategies, sharing and providing hands-on learning experiences on many specialized information security topics.
What Exactly Is This Job?
- Securing evidence (hard disk images, memory, triage data...) from affected devices
- Performing incident response analysis as well as forensic investigations including full cycle evidence handling
- Regular customer communication and preparation of detailed final reports
- Proactive cyber-attack/defense training of our customers in the form of workshops and/or trainings
- Continuous optimization and improvement of services in the area of SEC Defence
- Independent further training in order to keep your technical know-how up to date
- Completed technical studies or equivalent experience
- Depending on the entry level, relevant professional experience in respective technical areas (e.g. Windows/MacOS OS Artifacts, SOC, DFIR, Active Directory, IT Architecture, IT Security) is required
- Very good communication and team skills as well as high customer orientation
- Relevant certifications (e.g. GIAC certifications) are an advantage
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of German or French considered an advantage
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Working in a flexible environment – SEC Consult supports all its employees to work from an environment of comfort and productivity, whether that’s at home or in our beautiful office
- Monthly “Knowledge Fridays” (internal technical training days) & team social events – We support a great learning culture with a motivated team where everyone helps everyone, and have fun doing it
- Opportunities for skill development in various areas of security, e.g., Digital Forensics, Incident Response, Red Teaming, Reverse Engineering, Pentesting etc.
- Variety of fringe benefits, e.g., fully stocked Club Matte fridge, table foosball, public travel discounts, plus many more…
- Working in a successful, international and innovative security company
- Working on interesting engagements with internationally renowned clients
At SEC Consult, we are committed to unfaltering equal opportunities across all aspects of our culture and positions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or on the basis of disability.