(Junior/Senior) Security Consultant Hardware Security for IoT and Embedded Systems (f/m/d)
SEC Consult (www.sec-consult.com) is one of the leading consultancies for cyber and application security. Meanwhile, we operate branches in Europe and Asia. SEC Consult is a specialist for external and internal security assessments, penetration testing, the development of security information management processes and certification processes (ISO 27001), cyber defense, secure software development and sustainable improvement of security levels.
- As a security expert for IoT and embedded systems, you use your knowledge and skills to find vulnerabilities in systems before they are exploited by attackers
- In order to achieve this, you carry out detailed technical security checks for customers manufacturing or using IoT/IIoT/OT products. This includes an in-depth hardware review to be carried out together with a small team in our hardware security lab in Vienna
- You will support our other teams with your (newly) acquired security knowledge
- You are passionate about information security and use your creativity and attention to detail to deliver outstanding results for our customers
- You are able to explain technical results to a non-specialist audience
- Good knowledge of electronics and computer science (soldering, debugging, digital circuit design, ...), acquired through self-study, relevant professional experience, attending an HTL and/or studying electrical engineering, technical computer science, embedded systems or similar.
- Strong interest or experience in information security
- In particular, knowledge about
- Various (debug) interfaces of embedded systems such as UART, JTAG, SWD, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Microcontroller programming (C/C++/Assembler) as well as common architectures of embedded systems or
- Experience with typical embedded Linux systems,
- Experience with low-level programming languages like C/C++
- The ability to acquire relevant knowledge quickly
- Very good English skills, both spoken and written
A plus if you have...
- Relevant work experience
- Experience in hardware reverse engineering (“hardware hacking”)
- Experience in firmware reverse engineering on different CPU architectures (IDA Pro or Ghidra)
- Experience in the development of embedded systems
- Experience with automation technology
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, PHP, C# and Java
- Knowledge of application security and penetration testing (e.g. web applications, mobile applications, infrastructure security)
At SEC Consult, we are committed to unfaltering equal opportunities across all aspects of our culture and positions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or on the basis of disability.
We are legally obliged to communicate the collectively agreed monthly salary of € 2,635.00. The actual income is reflecting your qualifications and experience in line with the market and can be higher than that.
If you have any questions about the job advertisement, please contact Ms. Christine Teichert, BA at +43676840301772